[cad-linux] Re: BMP extractor

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 08:50:46 -0500

I just got the source code.  The most recent date of the files (a few files
including main.cpp) in the tar.gz is Dec 21

The program extracts the bmp, it just doesn't exit cleanly.  I'm in the
process of switching servers (from Slackware Linux to Red Hat Linux) so the
problem may fix itself when I get it compiled on the new machine.

After setting up a script to process directories and change the extracted
bmp to png, we have decided for now not to make a web interface.  We are
mostly a Windows shop and have discovered that the file explorer will
display previews of graphic files without loading any special software.
With an extracted preview, the file manager itself becomes a good browsing
system.

Should we see if phrostie would post the extractbmp and the script on his
web site (or put it on your sourceforge site).  I think if other people
could find it, they would use it - I think it's great!