[cad-linux] Re: Anyone using Intellicad on wine

  • From: Dave Coventry <draw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Sep 2003 19:24:38 +0200

>i've run icad2000 and icad2001
>the current release will run with the same setup, but i've had >trouble
>gettting past the install shield.
I've noticed that.
I've downloaded the Progesoft version of IntelliCAD 4
(www.progesoft.com/eng_index.html ) which ran setup alright

>what version are you running?
IntelliCAD 2001 from CMS and
IntelliCAD 4 from Progesoft..

>how many times did you do the screen splash?
>with intellicad/wine you have to hit the spash 3 times.
>each time it gets a little father thru the start up.  it's a >regeistry
thing.
>after that you won't have to go thru it anymore.
Must be over a dozen times.

>don't forget to check for stray wine and winserver processes >running
before
>starting the next attempt.
Well, I've been logging out between attempts, but since you mentioned
'pstree', I've been using 'killall win.bin'

>pstree or top work well for this and then use "killall wine" or
>"killall wineserver" to shut them down.

>in intellicad your defalut lisp is icad.lsp rather than acad.lsp
Chance would be a fine thing!

>let me know

I will!

Regards,