[cad-linux] Re: Any Intellicad progress updates?

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:11:23 +0000

In my opinion, which may be different than anyone else here, is that I work
like a
system that reads and writes to my Acad files such that they could be used by
Acad
systems or this new system.  A seemless process would be best, even if it means
an
auto-started import/export routine.

The features I need are:
1. 2d drafting creation and editing similar to Acad
2. paper space and model space concept
3. external references (in Autocad sense .. is an inserted block that maintains
link to the original file ad auto-updates on file opens, prints, etc)

Why? because that is what we're used to :)  Also, we do enough of a range of
project
types that I have never seen a industry specific program that was versatile
enough
to do anything else, gracefully handles any kind of non-standard use even
within the
industry it was intended for, or is similar enough to another app to not require
specific, non-transferable knowledge of that particular app.