[cad-linux] ACAD on wine

  • From: Robert Davis <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux freelists <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:19:43 -0600

Phrostie,

This is old but I just now found it on Wine Weekly News:
What'ya think about it?

07/04/2002 Archive

While trying to get AutoCAD R14 to work Max found a problem where it was
trying to get a registry key value, but just getting an error and trying
over and over again. Instead, along with the error message, the correct
buffer size was also supposed to be returned so it could be retrieved.
After fixing it Max reported, "With this patch, finally AutoCAD R14 is
perfectly usable in wine, even without a native windows installed !"

He also gave some pointers to getting it running:

1. Get latest wine from CVS (or wait for next release !)
2. If registry patch isn't already there, get it here :
www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2002/07/att-0034/01-registry.patch.dif
and apply it to source code. If don't know how, mail me :)
3. Just setup autocad and run it, all things I've tested runs perfectly,
rendering and external apps too.
4. Only thing I found not working is Help, I guess must update winhelp
in wine.