[cad-linux] Re: 2D versus 3D thoughts: list of candidates

  • From: marrandy <marrandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:33:26 -0500

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 12:27 pm, you wrote:
> i my apologies to the mandrake users.  i know mandrake will be around in one
> form or another as long as there is a linux.  and that is a long time.

No need to apologise.

If anyone has followed these threads, they know what the real story is.

But on to more important things.

This chat, info and requirement is great...but we need to move things forward
if this is ever going to move forward.

Time for at least some informal Project Management.

oohh..ahh

We need a name.

I propose a timeframe of One week from today. 22:30 (10:30pm) Friday the 24th
January 2003

Why ???

1)   We need a project name that is totally free of all unemcumbrances.  It
must be unique.

2)   We need to verify the domains are clear and available and purchase them

Yes, there are a ton of other things to do, pick a programming language that
will be suitable (probably, but not definetely C++), bringing other CAD
programmers together, more debate and ideas, but we have to move and garner
support, generate enthusiasm.

Ideas without any timeframes and effective project management is death to any
endeavor.

Regards...Martin