[cad-linux] Re: 2D versus 3D thoughts

  • From: mk@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:54:00 +0100 (MEZ)

Gerhard Reithofer wrote:

>Years ago people tried to create a parametric drafting package, alled
>siscad,
>but I fear it's dead now!? You may take a look at:
>   ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/cad/
>The last version seems to be 1995!

As far as i remember - google should find the relevant information -
the siscad-p project was run by a subsidiary or department of the office
equipment maker Staedtler in Germany. Sometime around 1996 or 97, the
company stopped development of siscad and dissolved the group. The lead
developers tried to convince their management to make the sources available,
but - i think - unsuccessfully.

martin
--
Dr. Martin Kroeker, daveg gmbh Darmstadt  CAD/CAM/CAQ  mk@xxxxxxxxx