[cad-linux] Re: 2D versus 3D thoughts

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:47:05 -0800 (PST)

when i first started with linux someone had pointed out siscadp to me.
i tried it and really like it.  only problem was that the company not only had
stopped supporting it, no one seemed to even know what source code was.

it's a shame.
you can still get the demo, but it is limited.

> > If 2D is going to be a starting point then please let it be parametric...
>
> I agree fully.
>
> Years ago people tried to create a parametric drafting package, alled
> siscad,
> but I fear it's dead now!? You may take a look at:
>
>    ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/cad/
>
> The last version seems to be 1995!
>
> As far as I remember, there was quite interresting concept in it.
>
> Bye,
>  Gerhard Reithofer - Techn. EDV Reithofer - Technical software solutions
>  mailto:gerhard.reithofer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.tech-edv.co.at
>  Peierlhang 31b, A-8042 Graz, Austria    Phone/Fax number +43-316/405707

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://mailplus.yahoo.com