[cad-linux] Re: 2D CADs

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:48:03 -0400

Do any of them have the equivalent of AutoCad's paper space and model space
(how about floating viewports)?

How about individual layer control in each viewport?

External references (like a block insertion but maintains a link to the
other drawing so that updates are automatically transfered) are a necessity
for us

Speed - something similar to AutoCad is my starting point (and no
significant slow down when dealing with 1MB to 2MB files)

I don't think that reading/writing .dwg files is too much of a request so
that we can maximize our existing collection of drawings

Text and dimensioning features equivalent to AutoCad (associative is nice
but not a necessity)

Everything we do is 2d