[cad-linux-dev] Re: viewports

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:14:49 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Chris Somerlot
# on Tuesday 24 August 2004 03:05 pm:

>I can do this in autocad (as of v.2004)
actually, as of 2000 (R14?)

>the uber-converter, tho, just translates between file
>formats, so I'm not sure this functionality can be built in.
It had better be.  However, this is where I'm wondering if the rhizopod spec
should fully support dwg.  Maybe it only supports dwg "model space"?

This depends on how viewports are defined.  Maybe the viewport entity has a
layer-state table?

--Eric
--
"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that
bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."