[cad-linux-dev] Re: uber-converter

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:58:03 -0700

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Bruno Postle
# on Wednesday 18 May 2005 04:28 am:

>On Tue 17-May-2005 at 00:13 -0700, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
>> The dxf reader currently supports most of the 2D entities and the
>> 3D forms of them.
>
>Do you have any downloadable examples of real drawings converted to
>the new =FCber format?

I really need to get setup with an organized system, but there are a few=20
'.rzp' files in the subversion repository:

  http://scratchcomputing.com/uc/trunk/data/examples/

Caution:  This directory needs to get cleaned up.  Ignore everything=20
that doesn't end in ".rzp"

Defining the rhizopod spec is still an ongoing process.  Linetypes=20
(well, the simple part of them) were just added this morning.  A couple=20
of other "book-keeping" things to be done still (lineweights, text=20
styles, header variables, etc.), but we're pretty functional already as=20
far as expressing geometry goes.

Note that this is the streamed version of the rhizopod format.  In the=20
stream, you have a 'filepath:' element which tells rhizopod_unstream=20
where to put it.  The rhizopod_stream program can generate these from=20
an existing directory.  All of the file-conversion connectors will=20
(maybe already all of them do) read from / write to a stream.

=2D-Eric
=2D-=20
"Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value."=20
                                        -- Murphy's Constant
    http://scratchcomputing.com