[cad-linux-dev] the hub-is-a-node document

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:33:11 -0500

http://ericwilhelm.homeip.net/uber-converter/doc/hub_is_a_node/

Hopefully, this helps to focus the design and clarify our discussions.  The
current goal is to create the rhizopod hub.  Everything else comes later.

That said, my suggestion is that the drawing entity contain a format name and
version number.  A connector would never be expected to operate on a hub with
more than one format (e.g. a rhizopod connector cannot load sturgeon
drawings), though it should be possible to load multiple versions of the hub
format.

Given that rhizopod is rhizopod, we should not be overly concerned about huge
and incompatible changes within a hub format.  Once the rhizopod spec reaches
version 1.0, it should basically be done.

--Eric
--
"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many
rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."