[cad-linux-dev] spec updates

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:26:41 -0500

I've added the TYPEGLOB definitions to incorporate the ID's and naming
that we discussed earlier.  The "defines:" entry under the TYPEGLOB
tells what the * in the glob defines.  This defined variable may then
be referenced elsewhere in the spec.

e.g. the layer_ID is defined as the * in the layer_entity typeglob.
If a "layer_ID" value type appears in an entity definition, the
referenced layer can then be found with:
  $file = './layers/' . $layer_ID . '.yml';

In other words, the typeglob could be put to a s/*/$ID/ replacement to
find the filename.

http://ericwilhelm.homeip.net/uc/trunk/data/doc/spec/rhizopod_spec.yml

I'm working on the spec and the formatting conventions of said spec
simultaneously here, so bear with me.  I'll write-up the formatting
conventions once I know exactly what they are.

There are some other changes here.  Namely, I've separated the
properties which are shared by any geometric_entity object.

--Eric
--
"I've often gotten the feeling that the only people who have learned
from computer assisted instruction are the authors."