[cad-linux-dev] Re: persistent ID's with dwg/dxf

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:32:37 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Bruno Postle
# on Monday 11 October 2004 01:59 am:

>There is another one in the list: "code 2 Name" - Could this be used
>to store the full entity filename when exporting to dxf/dwg?

No, sorry.  The "Name" here is for attributes, blocks and such.
Entities like ARC, CIRCLE, etc only have the handle.  Look at the
"common group codes for entities" section if you want to know what
every entity has in common.

--Eric
--
"One of the serious obstacles to the improvement of our race is
indiscriminate charity."