[cad-linux-dev] latency, number of files, etc

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:15:31 -0500

I was wondering about what happens to the directory database when it
is connected over network sockets and what the scalability is.
Turned up this interesting set of benchmarks.

  http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/

Of particular interest in our context is the opening of 10,000 small
files.  Scroll all the way to the bottom for this.  Basically, Linux
2.6 is going to be a beautiful place for the directory database :-)

--Eric
--
"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
                                        --Murphy's Corollary