[cad-linux-dev] Re: filename spec

  • From: Bruno Postle <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:20:34 +0100

On Tue 07-Sep-2004 at 10:47 -0500, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> > None of this should be part of the spec since it is
> > implementation, but it would be nice if any printable character
> > was allowed in the filename.

> However, I would like to have some part of the file naming be in
> the spec.

I'm supposing that there is a DIRTYPE file which is not considered
part of the drawing - Also it would make sense to ignore any file
prefixed with . or _

> Namely, requiring a "*.yml" pattern for all rhizopod files
> would be good.

Ok, I guess that suggesting mixing *.yml with *.xml and *.dxf in the
same directory is something for later on ;-)

> However, if we are going to be able to lay hands on all of the
> geometry with a simple typeglob, the "drawing.yml" and other items
> break this.

I figure I can do without this singular drawing.yml file altogether.
It isn't really an entity in the same sense of a line or a layer.

If you want to store some global info, how about putting it in
README, TODO, NEWS & COPYRIGHT files?

--
Bruno