[cad-linux-dev] edge-linking anyone?

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:40:16 -0500

I'm trying to come up with a Perl module to turn a pile of lines into an
ordered polygon.

The hangup comes when you have "dead-ends" and open chains as well as multiple
chains (closed and open) that could be found in one pile of lines.

Anyone know of some reference material or a library for this sort of
interconnected nodes problem?  Google is giving me mostly image-vectorization
stuff.

I'm starting to think that it is nearly a traveling-salesman problem (but
without the shortest path issue?)

--Eric
--
A counterintuitive sansevieria trifasciata was once literalized guiltily.
                                        --Product of Artificial Intelligence