[cad-linux-dev] Re: Tell me why this won't work, if you would be so kind.

  • From: Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:29:40 +0100

Jeffrey McGrew said:     (by the date of Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:32:18 -0800)

> Thanks for this! It's right along the lines
> of what I was thinking; in that the same techniques
> used by *nix filesystems, and the 'way of unix',
> could be applied to the world of CAD.
>
> Simply wonderful!
>
> I've got more thinking/reading to do!
>
> Jeffrey

you may want to check this also:

http://xspace.sourceforge.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

We (at this newsgroup) started to work together on this directory data
format, but work has stopped when nobody had free time to work on this
:(

Hopefully slowly but slowly (as free time allows) we will make something
out of this :)

This is a wiki page, everybody - including You, Jeffrey, can edit this.
So if you want to participate - you are warmly welcome.

<blneder>

I'm working with 2.28, I like it. The new 2.30 version has numerical
input that makes it more like CAD programs. Then if several more things
were incorporated... blender could became a real CAD system, things such
as:

- unlimited undo
- custimize keyboard commands
- parse script input (parse letters from the script and treat them
as blender commands)

I have subscribed to so called "blender fun-board" wich is in fact
blender-RFE/development newsgroup. I'm not participating, but I'm
reading sometimes to see what's going on in blender. If you want to do
this, follow this link:

# Janek Kozicki