[cad-linux-dev] Re: Tell me why this won't work, if you would be so kind.

  • From: john kosty <john_kosty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:07:00 -0800 (PST)

Jeffrey,

Check out this link and scan through the various
abstracts.  I think you'll find these guys want to do
something very simlilar.

http://xspace.sourceforge.net/wiki

Also, since you're getting into Python, have you heard
of or used Blender?

http://www.blender.org/
http://www.blender3d.com/

Also check out:

http://www.elysiun.com/index.php

that's a user group site -- very much like C.Zoog's
for Revit.

The reason I'm asking on Python is that I'd like to
learn it -- I was at one time pretty good with
AutoLISP and some other un-popular scripting languages
-- and use it to add CAD functionality to Blender.

RSVP & thanks,

John K.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree