[cabs103] Lesson 5 Question 2

  • From: "jim and troyann" <jandtbanas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "j j j" <cabs103@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:40:36 -0500

http://www.aace.org/pubs/cite/ is a newsletter I found that is called
"Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education. The articles I read
were relatively lengthy, but informative once I "skimmed and scammed" them.
This section,

Utilizing Online Discussion to Support Reflection and Challenge Beliefs in
Elementary Mathematics Methods Classrooms , actually covered discussion boards
and how they can be used in classrooms.  I quickly realized that it's the same
as our usage.  Increasing Computer Use in Early Childhood Teacher Education:
The Case of a "Computer Muddler"  was also interesting in that it described a
prof's attempts to incorporate more computer usage in his class even though he
felt he was a "computer muddler".  He has many of the same issues that I've
experienced in elementary and middle school teaching.

I also signed up for a newsletter under http://www.infobeat.com/   but since it
is delivered  but since it is delivered once a week on Fridays and I submitted
my application on Saturday, I won't receive it until later this week.

Jim Banas
jandtbanas@xxxxxxxxx
God Bless America