[cablewiki] Re: Guide to translating

  • From: eve rybody <zanamalata@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 07:53:04 +0000

hi! robert
smashin'!!! you'r a star!
thanks very much!
From: hamstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:37:44 +1300
Subject: [cablewiki] Re: Guide to translating
To: cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I should set it up for automatic inclusion of the latest cables.  I have
imported them now for you.

Rob

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:02 PM, eve rybody <zanamalata@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi!
job done. thanks a lot for the advice.
I've been asked to translate this cable  07PARIS3237, FRENCH MFA PUTS SARKOZY'S
JULY 10-11 NORTH AFRICA ,  10PARIS144, FRANCE AND NORTH AFRICA: CURRENT STATE
OF PLAY  , 09PARIS815, MAURITANIA: FRENCH SEE ABDALLAHI AS OBSTACLE  by the
guys from  operation leakspin/french...any chance to import them in the beta
version?

I didn't get how to import cable aswell...

From: hamstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:59:03 +1300

To: cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Eve,

You don't need to worry about erasing the English version, as it should create
a french version for you.

Even if you did erase the english version, we could just restore it from a
previous revision.

Give it a try :)

Cheers,
Rob

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:48 AM, eve rybody <zanamalata@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi guys,

first of all, well done for the work you made it's grand!!!

  sorry, but i didn't get how to create a new page for doing a french
translation of the "translating guide". i didn't dare to modify the english one
with
the "language dropdown" set to french, cause i was afraid to erase the
english one...can someone tell me how to do please? thx

From: hamstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:53:16 +1300
To: cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sweet as dude, you rock!

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Miguel Arana Catania
<cronopioelectronico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here it goes the Spanish translation for this guide:

http://test.cablegatewiki.org/index.php?title=Gu%C3%ADa_para_traducir_cables

I left the terms of the interface in English.

+1 to changing the font.

2011/2/11 Robert McLeod <hamstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,

Made this page:
http://test.cablegatewiki.org/index.php?title=Guide_to_translating_cables to
help newbies.

Also made it so people can ask questions in the talk pages for the help
articles so please if you can help contributors to the site, add the talk page
to your watchlist so you can be notified when someone asks a question.
Supporting the contributors should help get more content translated/analyzed.

Also can we make the default font arial?  Or another sans-serif font?  The
serif on there at the moment is horrific, especially against the sans-serif
headings...  IMO anyways...

Cheers