[bvipilots] windows native running under IYP

  • From: Noel Romey <nromey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:12:12 -0400

Hi guys,

Should anyone be crazy enough to buy a Mac and I and many other bvi
people have, I would strongly recommend running fsx in Windows
natively rather than in a virtual machine.  Though FSX runs, and iyp
works, several things don't work as well.  One big one is that sounds
don't all play.  For instance, I have never heard weather sounds until
today, neat. Sound is choppy under VMware.  Now, I get no drop outs
even with everything set to maximum.  I still am unsure if I'll be
able to land at Banff, FSX crashed in the middle of the flight but it
was my fault, but I would think that I should be able to do so now.
The main reason is that VMware so lags the system when doing
everything else with FSX including iyp stuff that commands take longer
to execute and little adjustments that are necessary at that airport
can't be done.  I bet  should even be able to run something like
acufeel now.

Only problem I seem to be having is that fsx doesn't always focus when
I alt tab, so I have to press alt+enter a could of times and it works.

Note, you must install things in the default bootcap configuration and
all will be well with your lives.

Noel