[bvipilots] Re: some newbie questions

  • From: Tyler Wood <tcwood12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:11:06 -0500

Hi there,
THanks so much for the quick response.
My laptop has the new bay trail atom, Intel Atom z3740 which closk up to 1.8 ghz. I'll probably throw it on this desktop, but I have a 120 gb ssd so can I instal it on the data drive with no problems?

You can add me on skype - that's fine!
thanks
On 5/30/2014 2:00 PM, Hadi Rezaee wrote:
Hello Tyler, good to see you here!
My name is Hadi, and as the name suggests, I'm from Iran, a country in middle east. I will help you to get setup, and will try to answer your questions as clear as i can. If you got a skype, We can go on skype and speak on there, so i could help you better with your questions. First of all, about flight simulation in and it's setup in general, at beginning it looks very hard and comprihensive. Do not worry about asking questions over and over, because that helps you to build a great simulation environment. As you learn more things, you will enjoy flying, and your flights become more enjoying and professional. A little patience is also required as you won't learn all the things over one night, and You will do lots of testing and searching to achieve a great pleasure in flying and simulation.
Now let's go over your questions!
1. I believe that the gold edition has accelleration pack inside it, and when you install the accelleration pack, it will be patched to service pack 2. so you do not need to buy anything else. I myself have the deluxe edition, so i had to download the service packs myself. 2. Microsoft flight simulator is perfectly accessible with jaws. You just need to learn how to work with it as it's not clearly designed for main keyboard navigation, so at the beginning it's a little weird, but once you learn how to work with it's Interface, it's all great. Itsyourplane Itself is not friendly with JAWS and NVDA, so you have to pull off some tricks to access it's interface, but you really do not want to work with it's interface allot, because all of the functions is controled by voice. 3. regarding the system requirements. I advise you to run microsoft flight simulator on your mmain PC, which has a good CPU on it. If you install it on a weak laptop, you will experience lag and freez sometimes, and if your laptop is extremely weak, the flight simulator will crash during your flight. You didn't put in your laptop's specifications, So i'm not sure about it. But microsoft flight simulator itself takes more than 10gb, and later on when you install more add-ons like voice packs and other aircrafts, it becomes bigger. You want to make a stable environment, and by that i mean you want to have the simulator installed for a long time, with all the add-ons on it, with itsyourplane and your voice profiles, so consider this one before making your choice.
Here's the conditions:
If you want to test how the software works, Or if you want to see how flight simulation is, and just play around with things, install it on your laptop. If you want to dive right into flying and have a stable flight simulator without worrying about re-installation, install it on your PC. It requires lots of CPU power at the first place. You do not need a powerful video card, but it helps if you got it. and microsoft's flight simulator is a 32-bit software, which means that it can't use more than 4 gigs of memory.

4. For getting starting, I can have a talk with you on skype and explain things about FSX itself. by the way from now on, i refer to microsoft flight simulator X as FSX simply. You can also do googling, listen to youtube videos, listen to Robert's videos as well.
Here's my skype ID:
hadi.gsf7
I will add you on skype if it doesn't matter, so i can help you better.
Also, if you got any more questions, ask awaaay

Cheers
Hadi

On 5/30/2014 9:57 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi, everyone.
I guess I should start off by introducing myself. My name is Tyler. I'm a blind guy in Canada who heard of flight simulator and itsyourplane working together to enable a visually impaired person to fly, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I took the plunge and bought flight simulator x, but first a few questions.
Does the gold edition come with service pack 1?
Do I need to buy the accellerator pack with the gold edition as well or does it come with it?

Now in terms of itsyourplane and flight simulator, how is it with a screen reader? Particularely jaws for windows and NVDA? What are the system requirements of itsyourplane? For some reason I can't find them on the website. And finally the most important question - where do I get started? I'm completely new at this, and the manual seems to indicate that you should have a basic knolidge - but what if I don't? I'm debating what to instal this on, I'm not sure how much space it will take up. For giggles, I want to try installing it on my asus transformer book t100, but is it more than 10 or so gb in size? I'm sorry for all the questions that I can probably find if I looked hard enough; I'm probably looking in the wrong place. If anyone thinks it would be more effective in answering me via other communications like skype, i'll include my contact details below. I'm extremeley excited to try this out and get as close as I can to flying other than grabbing hold of a joystick and sitting in a real cockpit.

For anyone interested, my main system is a custom built machine with an AMD fx8350 and a Radion 6450 graphics card and 16 gb of ram - will the Graphics card be enough to handle this? Or does that matter with me being blind?

Thanks for any and all help. Contact details below.
email: tcwood12@xxxxxxxxx
skype: the_conman283
I do have a team talk server which is publically available and all default ports at
wolftech.redirectme.net
My twitter is wolfman1360
You can use my email for i messages as well.

Thanks!
Tyler

bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your message.