[bvipilots] Re: fsPassengers and IYP

  • From: Jason Fayre <jfayre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 01:25:41 -0400

I do hope you get a response, but I'm not holding my breath honestly. Many people have mentioned trying to contact him and aren't getting responses. I fear that FSPassengers is going the way of Radar Contact, etc.

On 9/3/2013 2:02 PM, Robert Cezar wrote:
Hi,

I have written to the developer with the following communication:

START OF MESSAGE

Hi,

My name is *Robert Cezar*, developer of It's *Your Plane (IYP)*

http://www.itsyourplane.com/

We have a number of pilots using your application. There seems to be a BIG difference between your data and our data.

How are you calculating *Vertical Speed *at touch down?

We flew a *Boeing 738*, and landed at *CYXX*, ILS *Runway 7*.

Your report shows a Vertical Speed of *444 ft/min*

We use *FSUIPC *Offset *030C*, and we get *41 ft/min*

I was wondering if you have an explanation for the BIG difference.

Thanks a lot,

Robert

END OF MESSAGE

I will let you know if/when I receive a response.

Thank you.

Robert

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Jason Fayre <jfayre@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jfayre@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,
    I've been playing with FSPassengers and for the most part, I like
    it.  I have a question though.
    According to FSPassengers, Michelle is almost always landing too
    hard and I keep blowing tires.  My descent rate is usually around
    500 feet per minute.  So, is it possible to adjust the descent
    rate below 1000 feet, and is this something I should try?
    I'm going to dig into FSPassengers and see if it is possible to
    adjust its tolerances.  Someone mentioned that it sometimes
    complains about the bank angle, but I did see that it is possible
    to turn this off.

    bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To unsubscribe, send a message to
    bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word
    unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
    bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word help in
    the subject of your message.