[bvipilots] for those having wierd experiences during the flight, read some tips

  • From: hadi rezaei <r.hadi.90@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:42:50 +0330

hello
i have noticed that  some people are running into problems durring the flight,
like wierd altitude changes, incorrect headings and such.
please pay attention to these matters,
that first, all the pilots should do (all) the checklists. from pre-flight to
shut down.
it means, if at the start you instruct michel to taxi and takeoff checklist, (i
have noticed some pilots do that) it's a risk and you should expect incoming
problems in your flights.
so please do all the checklists at the flights, because a real pilot (we are
working with a simulator) doeses that.
second, while at the flight, pay attention to hand the speed control to michel,
or accedintally not taking the control from her.
speed control simply means (virticle range, and virticle speed control,
alongside of airspeed control)
so, if you take the control of it, either you should control airspeed, virticle
range proly, or expect to lose control and crash.
a person like me who does 90% of my flight on crj-700, can control the speed
and virticle speed well because by now i can calculate and set the requirements
for the aircraft since i know its behaviours most of the time.
next thing, is about not touching the keyboard alot. pressing the aero keys, or
some keys on your keyboard will do ajust the aircrafts buttons and will cause
interferance, like the yoke movements, the corse settings and such.
while at the flight, keep getting information about your position.
like
"get directions to the airport"
"get the flight data"
"get distance to next waypoint"

after the aircraft clean, make sure to check that the gps is on by saying
"set nav gps on"
"set nav vor on"

don't speek to your around alot while your microphone is on. (i mean when you
are not talking with michel) it make things like this:
spoilers will fully extend
you will ajust airspeed which makes michel to lose the control of it.
you will ajust incorrect q&h
flaps will incorrectly move
and many many things which sometimes the speech recognition captures it and
form into something else.
especially non-english languages.
also note this that pressing z will completely turn off/on the autopilot system
so if you accedintally press it it will 1: make michel to lose airspeed, 2:
make your aircraft to lose control.
also at last, again, please do all the checklists they are there for
safety/insurance/flight.
(p.s, i'm going to see if we can set up a channel on team talk or team speak 3
for blind pilots. let me know of your ideas bout it)

you have this mail from hadi