[bvipilots] Re: feature request: screen reader speech integration

  • From: hadi <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:21:20 +0330

Oh my god ohohoho I never imagine  hearing  elequence being a co-pilot.
I've got ivona voices for myself (HMMHM), so i can choose them in itsyourplane settings. There's an ivona voice which voice is very simular to robert's voice lol. it's a very good one. it's holy expensive though B)

On 11/25/2013 9:28 PM, Ron Kolesar wrote:
Thanks for this suggestion Jason.
As a JAWS user, this is a huge cool suggestion.

-----Original Message----- From: Jason Fayre
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 10:11 AM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] feature request: screen reader speech integration

Hi Robert and all,
I was thinking last night, which is a dangerous thing, I know.
Robert, have you ever considered integrating IYP into existing screen
readers for speech output?  All of the modern screen readers have access
to many high quality voices.  For example, JAWS makes the entire
Vocalizer Expressive suite of voices available at no additional charge.
For NVDA, there is an ad-on that makes these voices available for a fee.
The good news is that there is a dll that makes this entire process
fairly plug and play (says the non-programmer).
The link is:
http://vrac.quentinc.net/ScreenReaderAPI.zip
The speech in modern screen readers is extremely responsive.  More
responsive than SAPI generally.
This is obviously not a must have feature.  Just something to consider.
I'm posting this to the list to get other people's thoughts.
Thanks!

bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your message.