[bvipilots] audio problem with IYP

  • From: connor carlin <cjamesmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:43:55 -0500

Hi.
I am having a huge problem which keeps happening randomly with my co-pilots
audio.
When ever I pause my FSX simulator, Michelle’s voice and IYP sound effects
volume will fade  to a level that is almost impossible to hear above the engine
sounds. The voice and sound effects will be fine, before I get to the fuel
when I hit enter on okay, or cancel, Michelle decides she will maintain a voice
volume not even DUMBO can hear. I have tried everything I can to resolve this
problem and I can not rectify it. I am using a Microsoft USB headset which was
working perfectly fine with IYP and FSX before this random issue occurred.
I have every sound option in the FSX general/sounds panel apart from voice set
to 25, I set voice to 100, and this was a comfortable setup before this problem
happened.
I used to be able to hit okay on the window that pops up after fuel loading
with no problems, and it was only limited to when ever I paused he sim that the
problem would ruin my flight. now it happens every time that window comes up.
also, when I load a flight that has a flight plan properly loaded, Michelle
did, and still does let me know if I have, or don’t have enough fuel for the
flight I’m wanting to fly, but that window never came into focus before with
JAWS.
any help would be appreciated .
thank you
ConnorBlind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist