[bvipilots] Two Questions/Problems

  • From: Tyler Kavanaugh <twkav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 17:10:35 -0500

Hi guys,

So, it's me again...with two problems this time.

Problem 1:

In preparation for flying online on VATSIM, I started to pay more attention to the way I load a flight plan and a flight. What I've noticed is that SimBrief, which I like to use for generating my FSX flight plans, has a tendency to want to start the aircraft at a given runway, not at a gate or ramp. In addition, when I create a brand new flight, for some reason the thing is loaded with the engines on and the aircraft moving...definitely not something I want when trying to prepare to fly online! I decided to try setting up the "Location" section of the free flight window with the airport and gate, rather than the airport and the default of "Active Runway," but it still didn't do quite what I wanted. What would you all suggest I do to keep from starting with the aircraft moving and the engines on?

Problem 2:

Zack mentioned this "Live ATC" mode that is available in IYP that is used when flying online. However, I can't find any info about it on the website (the section just reads "***Under Construction***"), nor can I get the IYP window to focus properly to change the active ATC mode from Simple ATC Plus to the other mode. I'm using JAWS and Windows 10. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tyler

Blind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
To unsubscribe, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of
your message.
For other options such as digest, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your