[bvipilots] Re: Touching upon Jordan's runway topic.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:59:50 -0700

Hello Ron,

REGARDING: Is this once again a FSX bug?

No. There are 6 runways at Grand Forks. You can review these runways by
going to the IYP web site, click on the link entitled BLIND PILOTS CLICK
HERE, then click on the link entitled SITE MAP, finally click on the link
entitled AIRPORT DATA.  On that page, you can enter the Grand Forks ICAO of
KGFK. You will observe the following:

Runway 17R Length=7345 feet
Runway 35L Length=7345 feet
Runway 08 Length=4197 feet
Runway 26 Length=4197 feet
Runway 17L Length=3899 feet
Runway 35R Length=3899 feet

The safe takeoff filed length for a Boeing 738 with maximum weight is 8,181
feet. You can view the aircraft's specifications here:

http://planes.findthebest.com/l/269/Boeing-737-800

Thus, a runway of 7,345 feet, as is the case for runway 35L, is already
tenuous and problematic. The 738 could only takeoff on 35L or 17R. Please
spend some time to better understand the aircraft you are flying and their
specifications and requirements. Simply type the following into Google:

   boeing 738 specifications

Incidentally, when parked at the gate at KGFK, you can ask Michelle, "What
runways exist"?  She will speak the same information as above.

REGARDING: I didn't hear from the Lake Charles ATC or from KCWF

I did notice from the CVRT files that you requested, "Request taxi to the
gate" four times. I will look into this and report back.

Regards,
Robert