[bvipilots] Re: Super ATC

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 19:43:14 -0800

Hi,

As I indicated to Ron Kolesar, SuperATC appears to be far too complex for
most users. I will be creating another ATC system for BVI users that is
less demanding.

SuperATC was created as a training tool. Its design objective was to FORCE
users to read the instructions and to have them follow the procedures in a
precise manner. For example, using:

Arlanda ground
1123 heavy
IFR clearance to kastrup
ready to copy

is incorrect syntax. Referring to the SuperATC documentation:

http://www.itsyourplane.com/html/satc.asp<view-source:http://www.itsyourplane.com/html/satc.asp>

when contacting Clearance Delivery, the LONG FORM of identification is
required. In addition, the destination airport needs to be defined by its
ICAO; not by its name.

So, assuming the airline is Pacifica, the correct syntax is:

Arlanda Ground
Pacifica 1123 Heavy
IFR Clearance to Echo Kilo Charlie Hotel
Ready to Copy

In any case, as I stated at the top of this post, SuperATC as a training
tool, is far too restrictive for BVI use. The commands need to be precise.
What is needed is a system where one can use, for example...

Hello Ground
1123 Heavy
I want clearance to Copenhagen
I'm ready when you are