[bvipilots] Re: Period key to gain control of GA aircraft speed

  • From: "Jordan Gallacher" <jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:50:49 -0500

Thanks Robert.  Problem solved.

Jordan

From: bvipilots-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bvipilots-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robert Cezar
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2014 2:59 PM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: Period key to gain control of GA aircraft speed

Pressing the PERIOD KEY initiates the BRAKES.  Under the section entitled
AUTO-PILOT in the voice commands area it reads:

NOTE: Momentarily applying the brakes will permit you (the pilot) to take
control of a prop-driven aircraft's airspeed. (Also see... Take control of the
speed.

Robert

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Jordan Gallacher
<jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have noticed a periodic issue where the Period key will not cause Michell t
to hand over airspeed control of GA aircraft to me when I hold it down.  I was
just now flying a Gruman Goose and was wanting to do a water landing on the
ocean, and well, things got fun since Michell still had the airspeed.  Either
that or she failed to tell me that she handed it back to me.

  <http://www.itsyourplane.com/10000.jpg>