[bvipilots] Re: PF3: What is it, and How Do I Set It Up?

  • From: Tyler Kavanaugh <twkav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 17:26:39 -0600

Also, as an addendum to my last email. I looked at the IYP-ProFlightEmulator manual on the IYP website, but it isn't applicable to PF3 as far as I could tell.

-Tyler

On 3/11/2017 3:58 PM, Tyler Kavanaugh wrote:

Hi again all,

I know I'm probably getting rather annoying by now (*wink*), but I'm curious about PF3. I've been hearing about it, but I don't really know what it is or how to set it up with FSX and IYP from a BVI pilot's perspective. The reason I ask is that I find that I have a bit of trouble sometimes understanding the default MSATC voices due to my slight hearing impairment and the fact that they can be rather robotic in nature. For instance, I can't always tell if ATC is saying "Descend and maintain two thousand two hundred" or "Descend and maintain three thousand two hundred." Someone told me that PF3 offers a much wider variety of voices.

Thanks in advance,

-Tyler

Blind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
//www.freelists.org/list/bvipilots
bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
For other options such as digest, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your message.