[bvipilots] Open up the Buffet, it's time for some Virtual air.

  • From: "Tony" <tonys_groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 00:32:16 +0100

Hi Captains

I'll assume that you've signed up for IYP VA, and have read the
documentation.

I hope the following helps you load up a flight and endure the sarcasm and
bad jokes of the Lead Flight executive, my wife is cabin crew in real life,
it seems that nothing changes in the virtual world either.

Anyway, I use IYP with JAWS:

1.       Launch your flight simulator.

2.       Load a flight, or get an aircraft running, any flight or aircraft
will do.

3.       Once it has loaded, launch IYP.

4.       Wait for Michelle to do her thing.

5.       When she's ready to do your bidding say "Open VA panel", I
pronounce the letters separately, "Open V A Panel".

6.       Michelle should announce that the simulator has been minimised ,
and the jolly old VA panel should have focus.

7.       You could try activating virtual cursor at this point, or browse
mode in Window eyes, a way that consistently works for me though is to
ALT+TAB away from the IYP program, then ALT+TAB back to it. What you want is
virtual cursor or browse mode active with the VA Panel in focus.

8.       Now navigate tables as you would do normally in order to browse the
flights on offer. If you are able to fly it, you'll see a link in the last
column labelled as available.

9.       Click the available link which corresponds to the flight you want.

10.   Up will pop a screen, I'm a bit forgetful at this point, there is a
link which says something like click to proceed, but it is self-explanatory.

11.   So click that link.

12.   If you're on track, Michelle will say something about installing the
flight.

13.   Wait for her to do her thing.

14.   When she's done what she needs to, she'll let you know, and give you
some instructions about loading the flight.

15.   Say "Close V A Panel".

16.   Michelle should say that the simulator has been restored, you may have
to alt tab to it.

17.   When you get to it, the flight or aircraft you originally loaded will
be chugging or whining away, depends on what you loaded I guess.

18.   You'll load the flight using the FSX menus, don't attempt to load
using the free flight dialogue, or by double clicking the flight file.

o   Hold down the alt key and press F, you won't hear anything other than
that chugging or whining aircraft, don't worry.

o   Press L, the load a saved flight dialogue should pop up.

19.   Now select and load the IYP flight as you normally would which will
have magically appeared in your flight list if all has worked, if it hasn't,
crying might be an option, I prefer to shout and swear in such cases though.

20.   Michelle will tell you that some kind of synchronisation is taking
place, then that your flight plan is being filed, be patient whilst she once
again does her thing, eventually she'll wish you a nice flight, at which
point you're set.

21.   Flights appear to start in spot view, something which I only cottoned
on to second time round, which is why poor Jordan had to suffer my questions
about sound, so if you don't want to fly on the outside of your aircraft,
say "cockpit view".

22.   Michelle will count down to departure, kick off your checklists as
normal, when she says, and follow Michelle's advice thereafter.

Good luck.