[bvipilots] Re: Need some feedback.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:03:07 -0400

Now having Michelle telling us which was we should push back then we give the push back command would be perfect. The reason why I say that Michelle to give us the push back in the direct that is clear is because we can't see which way is clear and she can.

Thanks Jordan.

-----Original Message----- From: Jordan Gallacher
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 6:41 PM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: Need some feedback.

Personally, I find it a bit confusing when the ground crew say you are
cleared to start engines and then Michelle asks if you have received the
salute release signal.  Since the battery dies on the default aircraft too
quickly, I have to have one engine started to prevent that from happening.
I would say move the salute release signal question to later in the startup
checklist.  As far as pushing back goes, I have just enough vision to be
able to tell where to go most of the time.  What would make life easier I
think is, if there some way of doing it, to have Michelle tell you which
directions are clear to go for pushback.
Hope this helps,