[bvipilots] Re: Need flying advice

  • From: "Stephanie Watts" <swwatts3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:56:40 -0700

Hi Helen,

Yes, this is very helpful.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Stephanie

From: bvipilots-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bvipilots-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Helen Cooper
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:02 PM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: Need flying advice

Hi Stephanie,

You wrote: When we receive the command "Prepare the STAR data for blank
blank blank blank.), what is the correct response?  I have simply said,
"affirmative).

Answer: The prompt from Michelle is "Prepare the ATIS and STAR data for
blank, blank, blank.", it means that the airport is equipped with ATIS
weather facilities. If Michele's prompt is "Prepare the STAR data blank,
blank, blank.",  it means that there is no ATIS weather facilities at the
destination airport.

When Michelle says, "Prepare the ATIS and STAR data for blank blank blank."
If you are flying in real time into L.A. and have the simulator set to real
weather conditions, then you can check the weather for L.A. by saying, "Get
the weather for blank blank blank blank."

You  cannot get the local weather for L.A. until the controller has handed
you off to the tower, then you can say, "Get ATIS."

Note:  Microsoft's ATC system does not support STAR approaches therefore, as
Tony suggested, you can just . . ."Click a pen."

For more information about the STAR approach system, please click Here for
quite an extensive article. You can also check out the video on U-tube at:
http://youtu.be/_CxZbYZhYA0.

Hope this helps,

Helen

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Tony <tonys_groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First question, you need say nothing.

You could rustle some papers if you like, or click a pen.

I tend to cross my fingers at that point, although, I haven't flown for ages
as Beta testing time of conflict is taking up all of my time right now.