[bvipilots] Re: Looking for another VA

  • From: "Adam B. Shaible" <adam.shaible@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 21:12:15 -0700

Hi Stephanie,
I have not yet flown for IYP VA, but I would encourage you to try and contact tony, the pilot who put together the instructions for us to work an IYP VA flight. He may be of more help to you. But don't give up on IYPVA, as I have been flying these things for over 20 years. We've come a long way since then. Also if possible, log into the IYP dashboard, not the Blind pilots' forum, but on the dashboard. The link will say something like: user secure log in. You'll need your e mail address and password. Then once in, you can post a new topic. From my experience, Robert has been very good in responding, and he takes our group very seriously. If you still have trouble, then contact Lars, his assistant, and I am sure he can help you. But most of all, stay with it. One thing I do when I have trouble with ATC is to say, "minimize the simulator", and then, "restore the simulator". That usually resolves my problems. I will be out teaching and on appointments until Friday of this week, but if you can find a way to get me your four digit sell call number, I'll try and connect on IYP central and walk you through it, or you can contact me via your phone. I am a California boy, so we shouldn't have a problem with the times. And my wife, Denise has been with me throughout my whole flying adventures. I know I went on here, but it's the instructor in me, and I want to do everything I can do to assist another blind pilot.

Best regards,
Adam Shaible, M.A., N.O.M.C., blind pilot 12752

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephanie Watts" <swwatts3@xxxxxxxxxxx>