[bvipilots] Re: Is anyone else flying the test flights following the release of 4.1.0.273?

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:50:22 -0700

Hi Tony,

Background on Pause Command:
The other day while testing IYP, I landed a 747 in Osaka, Japan on a runway
build out into the ocean. I have been changing the Latitude and the
Longitude to move the aircraft off of the runway - emphasis
on Latitude then Longitude. Due to latency, these commands are not issued
contemporaneously. Thus, I change the Latitude, and before the system had
time to change the Latitude, the plane plunged into the water. My immediate
thought was to PAUSE the simulator, alter the two variable sequentially,
then UN-PAUSE the simulator. That resolved the water problem. However, it
seems to be causing other problems on your end.

Resolution:
I need to create a new function that will replace
BOTH Latitude and Longitude values, then write the data to the simulator in
one shot. That ought to resolve this issue and remove the need for the
PAUSE/UN-PAUSE.

I hope this is clearer than mud.

Will advise.

Regards,