[bvipilots] IYP and SAPI 4

  • From: "Kevin Struska" <kev5688@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:13:37 -0600

Hey guys,
This is kind of a future request for us visually-impaired ...unless you can do this already... I think it'd be cool if IYP could work with SAPI 4 synthesizers in edition to SAPI 5. I have this SAPI 4 synthesizer that I really like, and using it to fly would be extremely responsive as well. If you do want to use SAPI 5, I recommend ESpeak instead of the default Microsoft voices that come with Windows. I find Microsoft Anna, which is the default voice upon first launching IYP, to be kind of unresponsive with screenreaders, anyway. Thanks for reading!