[bvipilots] Re: How can you tell if your aircraft isaircraft equipped with the Garmin 500 GPS unit?

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:44:34 -0700

Hadi,

If you are going to be flying using VATSIM, and they instruct you to
descend and maintain FL 240 and proceed direct to V O R, E L W or N D B, X
X, simply say...

"Descend and maintain flight level 2 4 0".
"Michelle, let's fly direct to V O R, E L W."
"Resume GPS navigation".

Michelle will fly to that waypoint.

Then what?

ATC will likely direct you to make the approach via a STAR!  Now what?

Please advise.

Robert