[bvipilots] Re: How can you tell if your aircraft isaircraft equipped with the Garmin 500 GPS unit?

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:02:28 -0700

Hello Ron,

What I meant to say is, when you say the phrase "GPS magnetic orientation",
it changes the VISUAL DISPLAY. When you say, "GPS zoom 350",  it changes
the VISUAL DISPLAY. When you say the phrase "Michelle, let's fly direct to
VOR ELW", it changes the VISUAL DISPLAY to show where the ELW VOR is
located. When you say the phrase "Michelle, let's fly direct to airport
CYVR", it changes the VISUAL DISPLAY to show where the CYVR airport is
located, and completely obviates any ATC involvement.

All of the foregoing, requires that the pilot be able to SEE the GPS
display.

I hope this is clearer?

Robert

--