[bvipilots] Re: How can you tell if your aircraft isaircraft equipped with the Garmin 500 GPS unit?

  • From: Hadi Rezaei <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:24:52 +0430

OMG this is awesome.!!! awesome news! also i see delta fleet is also supported as well!

I'm going to update my FSX nav DB and have some fun! YEEEAAAA
(The link that you gave me some time ago, does that link work for the new update?)

flyin time, let's forget final exams

On 5/22/2014 1:36 PM, Robert Cezar wrote:
Say to Michelle... "Resume GPS navigation".

Robert

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Hadi Rezaei <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx <mailto:hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Robert
    Acording to what you said, those commands will just show you
    visual guidance?

    P.S sorry for  late reply, fall asleep last night

    On 5/22/2014 4:13 AM, Robert Cezar wrote:
    Hello Hadi,

    Please either read the Newsletter you received today, or go to
    the Revisions section of the site for the use of the GPS guidance
    to VOR, NDB or Intersectional waypoints.

    Good luck with VATSIM.

    Regards,
    Robert

    On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Hadi Rezaei <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx
    <mailto:hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hello
        It's simple. the approach will first of all either clear you
        a visual approach or ILS. if visual, i will *always* request
        an ILS approach, and  they will approve.
        Here's the most complex communication that would happen in
        vatsim for approach

        "Delta1022, expect visual approach runway 12L. do you have
        the  desni6d approach procedure on board?"
        "Approach, can we request an ILS approach via radar vectoring?"
        "Delta1022, expect vectors for ILS approach runway  12L."
        And there i go, all handled by ATC.
        In USA, they will always vector you, either visual or  ILS,
        so i only have to request ILS once they give me visual approach.
        but in europe, (exclude UK), They mostly want you to fly the
        STAR, which gets resolved by requesting an ILS approach.

        The situation that i explained regarding the "proceed direct
        to XXX" mostly applies to one of these:
        1: After  takeoff, instead of doing the SID, ATC tells you to
        proceed direct to <waypoint>
        2: When approaching, the amount of traffic is very high, thus
        the ATC tries to shape the traffic in his own way so they
        could be headed for one way in approach and not scattered all
        over the place, so they direct all the inbound aircrafts to a
        cirtain waypoint, then from there, they either expect them to
        do the STAR, or mostly radar vector them for landing.

        Strange, i have not seen the let's fly direct to V O R XXX
        command. is it new? I'm sure the VOR navigation  commands was
        first to set the frequency, then tune in to the VOR and fly
        inbound.

        On 5/22/2014 3:14 AM, Robert Cezar wrote:
        Hadi,

        If you are going to be flying using VATSIM, and they
        instruct you to descend and maintain FL 240 and proceed
        direct to V O R, E L W or N D B, X X, simply say...

        "Descend and maintain flight level 2 4 0".
        "Michelle, let's fly direct to V O R, E L W."
        "Resume GPS navigation".

        Michelle will fly to that waypoint.

        Then what?

        ATC will likely direct you to make the approach via a STAR!
         Now what?

        Please advise.

        Robert

        On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Hadi Rezaei
        <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx <mailto:hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

            "Delta1022, descend and maintain flightlevel 240,
            proceed direct to LHGLUGLHLGUGLHLGULGUGHLGULHGHL"
            "Center request direct heading to hgluglhlgughlughl?"
            "Delta1022, turn left heading 240. after ghluglughlulgh
            cleared flightlevel 100"

            Um, michel? what do we do now you got any ideas?
            Michel: "Captain shut up its my plane."
            But i amm flying online I need to go to manual flying
            Michel: "It's your fault that you fly online, I will
            absolutely hold no responsibility for any explosions,
            damages and crashes to this aircraft once you take
            controls from me."
            Right! it's my plane. turn left heading 240,
            "Center I don't have any ideas about the position of
            hlughlughlugh waypoint, let me know when i have to
            descend to fl100"
            "Delta1022 jees, roger".

            This is how you fly in online.  (JK do not do this in
            VATSIM, it's very hard~)

            Anyway, It would be so cool to see/read the waypoints
            around you and their direct BRG to them, but  possibly
            only for me, You really don't want to mess around like
            this when you're flying.

            On 5/22/2014 1:47 AM, Robert Cezar wrote:
            Regrettably, I see absolutely no need for this facility
            for BVI pilots. It is entirely a visual paradigm.

            Regards,
            Robert

            On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Ron Kolesar
            <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                I think the subject tells it all.
                How can you tell if the aircraft you want to fly is
                equipped with the Garmin 500 GPS unit?
                Thanks.

                "that a service dog beats a cane paws down any day
of the week."