[bvipilots] Re: Help needed with RC4.

  • From: Tyler Kavanaugh <twkav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:58:57 -0500

Typically, when Windows searches for a DLL, it is looking in a list of places defined by the %PATH% environment variable, after checking the folder where the application's executable lives. For instance, say I had an application called DoSomething.exe that relied on a DLL called FooBar.dll. When Windows attempts to load FooBar.dll, it will first check in the same folder as DoSomething.exe for it. If it can't find it, it will then search the folders defined by the %PATH% environment variable. As for registering the DLL, place it wherever you want it, then get to an elevated (administrator) command prompt by clicking Start, typing "command" without the quotes into the search box, right-clicking "Command Prompt," and choosing "Run as Administrator." At the command prompt, change directory (cd) to the folder where the DLL lives. For instance: cd C:\path\to\application. Know that if the folder name contains spaces, you need to enclose it in quotes, like so: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\RadarContact4" Once there, type: regsvr32 <name of dll>.dll and hit Enter. You should get a dialog box saying that DLLRegisterServer succeeded. Hit Enter on the OK button, then type exit at the command prompt and hit Enter.

HTH,

Tyler

On 4/1/2017 4:20 AM, John Moore wrote:

Hi everyone. RC4 is installed but there is one small problem. I get a dialog saying that a .dll file needs to be loaded and registered. I have said file but do not know where to put it or how to register it. Josh and I tried yesterday to do this and it did not work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
To unsubscribe, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of
your message.
For other options such as digest, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your