[bvipilots] Re: GPS approach question

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:29:16 -0400

From either the loacal atis info and or from the local ATC info.
You will get the runways that are in use and they’ll be either ILS or visual
VFR.
If you want to land via vfr any time 49 miles out you can use the command
prepare to land  runway then runway number either left right or center.
Then if ATC gives you a course change, just acknowledge it and then ignore the
instructions because your trusty fo is landing your plane for you.
When it doubt, check out the flight deck manual out on the IYP web page under
user manuals.
hope this helps.
Try that and hope it helps.