[bvipilots] Re: Fsx and jaws beginning out

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:53:24 -0400

Hi from Ron Kolesar.
After you have the free flight checked, you have the following shortcuts.
Alt P will get you into the flight planner.
alt A will get you into the weather settings. Alt L will get you into your list of flights that you have save to launch your favorite flight for your private GA flights. Just down arrow through them then smack enter on the one you want and it will load for you.
But then of course you still need to load IYP.
To get into the setting, you need the JAWS currsor and down arror until you see settings, Make sure the curssor is on the letter is then smack enter.
Alt U will get you into the sounds.
Hope this will be enough for now.
This should get you at least started.
In the flight planer via alt P. Simple tab over to country and down arror, page down and or try just the letter of that country. You'll find out with jaws that you'll be doing quite of bit of tabbing then back tabbing then tabbing once again.
Because JAWS is a little tricky with FSX.
If you need some help, I'll be able to help you later tonight.
So hope this helps.

-----Original Message----- From: Noel Romey
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:37 AM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: Fsx and jaws beginning out

Ok. I'll try that when I get it in a position to do so. Question
though, once in free flight mode, how does one get to things like
simulator settings and menu bar options? I know that there are
keyboard shortcuts for everything, for example, alt w to go to world
menu, but as I am learning, can the jaws cursor be of assistance? I
will of course read the manual, but thought I would ask others who
have more experience than I as previous podcasts are somewhat out of
date.

Thanks for your quick response Hadi.

Noel

On Aug 13, 2013, at 4:01 AM, hadi <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello.

The first menu is accessible, infact the main interface of fsx (before the aircraft gets loaded) is completely accessible. have you tried starting fsx and navigating in it with jaws? you should be at home at the first start. you need to find the free flight button and press it. after that there are 4 change buttons which let's you to change your aircraft, airport, weather, and time. then there is load and save buttons, and a flight planner button and finally the "fly now" button. First try to find the free flight button and activate that, then from there you'll get things easily.

cheers
hadi
On 8/13/2013 8:20 AM, Noel Romey wrote:
Hey guys. I finally got flight simulator x installed and activated.
Haven't installed its your plane yet but I will soon. I know that the
menu bar isn't accessible at the start so wondered if anyone could
give me tips on how you best navigate the program. How do you plan a
flight, loaf a plane, or other important tasks? Can I use the jaws
cursor to look at menu bar options and their various pull down
options, and press a corresponding letter? Is there some kind of
listing or something more current than the blind pilot project files
using older versions? If I can figure stuff out, I plan on recording a
series for fsx.

Any help you can give me on getting started would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Btw to Robert, I will install iyp completely once I understand things
more fully.

Noel

from Noel Romey
reply://nromey@xxxxxxxxx