[bvipilots] Re: For Anyone running the beta, 4.1.0.266 has now been released.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:59:56 -0700

Hi Jody,

If you received a notice that a new version is available, it should read
like this:

Hi,

An updated version of It's Your Plane is now available.

You will be able to install it the next time you launch IYP.

Please visit our web site and click on the Revisions link
for information relating to the latest upgrade.

http://www.ItsYourPlane.com/html/revisions.asp<http://www.itsyourplane.com/html/revisions.asp>

Thanks. Remember, keep the blue stuff UP!

Regards,
Upon reading this correspondence, you will note that it states that you
should go to the following link for details about the revisions:

http://www.ItsYourPlane.com/html/revisions.asp<http://www.itsyourplane.com/html/revisions.asp>

When you go to that link, it reads:

Version 4.1.0.266/267
May 2, 2012

Awesome improvements have been made to Michelle's Visual Approach
capabilites. She took a refresher course at flight school. Check it out...
you'll be amazed!

Simple ATC has been dramatically enhanced over previous versions of IYP in
order to make communicating with ATC far easier for our Special BVI flyers!
No longer will they need to concern themselves as to whether or not the ATC
menu is opened or closed. They will no longer need to figure out what keys
to press - Michelle will do it for them! It will also make it far simpler
for sighted members to handle ATC communications as well.

IMPORTANT NOTE: These new SimpleATC facilites are only provided for IFR
flights at this time. ATC communications on VFR flights must be carried out
as they have been in the past.

Fixed a problem where Michelle was not moving the aircraft far enough off
of the runway after landing for Blind and Visually Impaired (BVI) pilots
when using FS9.

Added the following voice commands to assist our Blind and Visually
Impaired (BVI) users...

"Unify Affinity ON"
"Unify Affinity OFF"

to operate the Unify Affinity feature. Details are on page 44 of the IYP
Users' Manual.

Fixed a problem where SuperATC was not loading the Call Sign with
Non-Supported aircraft.

Fixed a problem where Altitude Hold was intermittently turning off with
some GA aircraft.

Added the voice commands, "Open V A panel", and "Close V A panel" to make
accessing the panel far easier for BVI users.

Fixed a problem where the Microsoft A321 aircraft APU controls were not
operational in theBlind Pilot (BVI) mode.

Fixed a problem where calling for the fuel truck was creating an error due
to improper UNC pathing.

Added a reminder from Michelle to the Captain to Check the Altimiter when
dropping below the Transition Level.

NOTE: This feature neither operates when Auto-Altimeter is Activated, nor
when using the Project Magenta 737 interface.

Changes were made to the SSL security and public key to once again permit
IYP users to downloaded the IYP Tour files. These MANDATORY SECURITY
CHANGES on the server were made due to HACKERS attacking our servers! We
apologise for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps.

Robert