[bvipilots] Flying Directly into the Wind

  • From: Tyler Kavanaugh <twkav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:57:57 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems handling my aircraft when it is flying directly into the wind (as is the case when flying TJSJ->KMIA). The general winds aloft, as generated by AS16, are in the 311-317 at 20 range, and my heading is about 305. I had trouble getting the plane to maintain my cruising altitude (my plane had a tendency to slowly keep climbing). So I used a maneuver that, while unorthodox, worked. I extended the flaps all the way, left them there for about thirty seconds, then reset them to up and trim. Did that a couple times, and now I'm flying at my assigned altitude. This is a B757-200, and I had IYP load the fuel. My payload is 0. I saw someone else mention that they do better with fuel calculations from SimBrief, and I'd like to know how that person translates the block fuel from the SimBrief output into the appropriate values for each tank.

Thanks!

Tyler

Blind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
To unsubscribe, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of
your message.
For other options such as digest, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your