[bvipilots] Dodo bird me

  • From: "Jordan Gallacher" <jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:53:23 -0500

I was doing a flight with the ATR 72 a little bit ago, and I had the fuel
condition lever on low idle to attempt to keep the plane from rolling.
Well, I forgot to put it back on high idle before take off and crashed.  I
got airborne finally, and then couldn't figure out why I was not gaining
airspeed.  That's when I realized my error.  Then as I was passing through
FL 220, which was supposed to be my cruising altitude, I realized I had
another problem.  I couldn't figure this one out.  So, I ended up having to
check the Avionics switch and Generator switches, and then make a quick
descent to keep from stalling.  Nothing like the stall warning horn blaring
at me to get my attention.  I finally leveled off at Fl210, and things went
great.