[bvipilots] Re: Direct GPS navigation, or high Altitude Airways?

  • From: hadi rezaei <r.hadi.90@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 21:35:51 +0330

hello captains
so here, i'm going to explain
direct GPS, vs high/low alt airways.

so basicly, when you switch your navigation devices to GPS
(auto-route-following) your autopilot will take the lead
when you  do "auto pilot on", you will turn on your  main auto pilot system,
which controls the, navigation systems (heading, corse, GPS), altitude,
virticle rate speed, your airspeed (by ajusting the throttle automaticly) your
engine temprature, your trims.
here, we have the auto pilot on.
now on navigation GPS.
when you make your filePlan with FS, FS will draw a route on the map for you.
from your departure to your destination.
now. when you select "direct GPS", fs will draw this route, directly from your
departure to your distination. by direct i mean you don't have any turns, or
intersections in your route.
so when you cruise, you will head directly to your destination without changing
headings on the air (when your GPS is on.)
saying this, if you choose direct GPS, then when you switch your nav GPS on, if
you ask michel "get the directions to the airport", she replys with "the
airport is at our 12 ocl" it means that you're heading directly to your
destination.
(in the real world, 90% of the times pilots are not allowed to do this, it will
ruind the traffic, and the aircrafts will crash to each other if they all fly
direct)
now when you choose "high or low alt airways"
fs will draw a normal (depend on the world routes) route for you, with
intersections, and some turns in your cruise way.
like, when you go over of some waypoints, you will change headings slightly,
and follow the road. your NAV GPS will lead the aircraft, turning left and
right  on the air ways.

so with all of these, i hope i could explain the diffrense to you, and how the
navigation GPS works.
note: GPS doesn't exist in real world. in real world, there is a FMC (flight
management control) installed on all aircrafts, and when a pilot fills all the
information that FMC needs, FMC will lead the aircraft on cruise, like the GPS
thing which we have.

if i couldn't explain this thing, or my sentenses didn't make sense, please
tell me so i might be able to do this.
after all, you need to know what are you doing in the aircraft instead of just
sitting and  say soem commands repeatedly.
ron said that there might be other options.
so basicly, "FMC" "manual nav, which you should change heading yourself when
you can see the map visually, or sometimes the ATC will give the headings to
you if you want".

you have this mail from hadi

From: kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: Direct GPS navigation, or high Altitude Airways?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:05:30 -0500

I always make sure that my nav GPS is set to GPS.
Never heard of the other options.
HTH.