[bvipilots] Commenting on tonight's flight.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 22:55:43 -0400

Hello, to my fellow BVI pilot subscribers.
Tonight I flew flight 215 to Portland.
The entire flight is
215 KSJC KPDX San Jose to Portland 17:00 01:00 00:43 02:04 N120YP B738.
When I select a flight, I look at the second set of numbers.
Which in this case is 0100.
Which equals in real life time my time here on the east coast of 9:00 PM or 2100 hours.
My question is this.
Is that 0100 the time that I should be starting the before start up checklist and closing the hatches and so on.
Or should I be taking off at 0100 to be able to take off on time?
Question number two.
As you'll see in the little black box report.
Michelle was yelling at me that we were roughly 120 minute late starting up the pre-flight checklist. Now Istarted the pre-flight checklist at 12:43:35. So did I have seventeen minutes until I would have started my before start up checklist, or did I have seventeen minutes to run down all of the rest of the checklists so that I could take off on time at 0100?
One last question.
Isn't it a good rule of thumb to start the pre-flight checklist at roughly 25 to 30 minutes before the time of departure or the take off time?
So that we do take off on time.
Also, when Michelle tells me that we now can do the before start up checklist is the time to start the before start up checklist and to make sure that all of the hatches are secured and so on. Which should give us what, a even ten or is it a even fifteen minutes until the take off time.
Which for this example would be 01:00.
Sorry to be such a pain in the neck.
But how else do we learn if we don't ask these types of questions.
Thanks.

Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
20120526124155.htm

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.