[bvipilots] Re: Asking a level Alt question for the falcon 7x.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 19:04:41 -0400

Ok Robert.
I understand the following.
If and only if you can devide the distance by three, three, for climbing, three
for leveled flight and three for descent.
This I have figured out.
Then ofcourse deviding your leveled cruising alt by three to figure out when
you should start your descent.
That I do understand.
What I don’t understand is if it isn’t even.
For example.
Let’s look at example three once again.
Your distance is 4290.
I take it this is just cruising leveled alt from point a to point b with not
the climb and descent added in?
Ok here we go.
Our distance is 4290 NM
The simple way is if we devide that by three, we’d get 1430 NM.
Which we can not do for safety.
Ok now
II don’t understand the rest of the forumla so when you can not devide a
distance of a route by three.
Could you go over this part of the forumla one more time?
While you do that, I’ll take a look at the link that you had provided that’s
also in the flight deck near this area of the flight deck manual.
Thanks.