[bvipilots] Asking a IYP VA question

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 18:48:51 -0400

To my fellow BVI friends.
I flew flight 223 from Florida to Charlot this afternoon.
The time for Before startup wwas 18:30.
So I started everything at 18:10.
That would give me twenty minutes until before startup.
With the 18:10 start up time, At that time I fired up FSX, iyp and made sure the time was set then wet to IYP VA and grabbed my flight.
Including the pre-flight checklist, I was finished at 18:17.
Michelle told me at 18:28 to start the before start up. So, I did.
From the before start up checklist and the start up checklist and the before taxi and taxk checklist brought me to 18":35. When I got to before take off the little english cuty of a flight attendent started her speech. Now my question is this, should I continue with the before start up check list while she give the emergeny brieffing, or should I wait to start the before take off after she has completed the energency brieffing?
well, her brieffing took roughly five minutes.
That took me up to about 18:40.
The before take off and the take off and climb out took me out to 18:45.
So in short, from the 18:30 time for before start up to actual take off was fifteen minutes. Did I wait to long by waiting until the emergency brieffing was over or did I take off on time?
I threw the following out to the IYP forums page for BVI pilots everywhee.
I suggested that a count down for the time to departure be added for Michelle's duties. Simular to the count down for both the pre-flight and the before start up checklists.
But one extra twist.
When we get to the take off and climb out and michelle tells us that it's ok we're ready to go to take off.
There should be a extra message.
Something like.
We have two minutes to take off.
If we take off on time.
Michelle could say something like.
If we take off now, we'll take off on time.
Or also, when it is the actual time for take off, Michelle could say, I recommend that we take off now so that we may stay on time or something like that.
If we're late?
Then she could yell at us as well.
But I thought this would be a extra aid for BVI pilots for taking off on time.
What does everyone think?
Just my two cents on the subject.
blind Pilot.